Youth Environmental Artist Program
Sea the Reef is an after-school youth program with an emphasis on ocean science, STEM, marine exploration & environmental art.
Designed to converge art, science, and technology in an accessible way. A series of marine-ecology lessons and coral-sculpting workshops, turn youth into environmental artists. Students will cast silicone molds of different coral specimens, create artist statements and design 3D-printed corals.
- Complete service projects, attend free fields trips to coral labs and the beach.
- Develop an art portfolio & have the opportunity to showcase your work.
- Learn graphic design, drawing, sculpture & printmaking.
- Attend all sessions and earn a tablet. Graduation ceremony.
- A graduation ceremony will invite the public to visit the space and celebrate the efforts of our teen environmental artists
- Teen participants are all awarded explorer tools, outdoor gear and invited to use design studio equipment towards building their own art portfolio.
- At the completion of the course, teens are provided a free tablet to continue their journey as artists.
In addition to providing resources for our educator networks to support art-making, climate justice, and community-building.